We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This is my favourite vegan BBQ jackfruit recipe, which I also tweaked to be lectin free. I use this for slider buns, pizza and wraps…enjoy!
Large can young green jackfruit in brine or water (I used ceres organics 400g)
1 tbsp olive oil + for frying
1 medium onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
1-2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1-2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp sea salt (I used celtic or Iodised sea salt)
3/4 cup bbq sauce (bought or homemade)
- Drain jackfruit and cut into shreds. Place in a bowl. Add all seasonings and olive oil. Toss to combine and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large pan. Then add onion & cook for about 5 min which is when it should go translucent. Then add the cloves of garlic, crushed and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the seasoned jackfruit and cook for about 3-5 minutes until it gets a bit crispy. Stir occasionally while it’s cooking.
- Add bbq sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat (I used Niulife BBQ sauce). If it gets a little thicker, you can add a bit of water which will create more sauce too.
How To Serve:
- Put it on lectin free bread burger buns
- Add it to coconut wraps
- Add it to seaweed wraps
- Put on lectin free toast
- Add it to your homemade pizza (recipe coming soon)
Thank you to Bianca Zapatka for the original recipe that I tweaked to make lectin free